Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pop art - my very first work.

Hello every one!

My name is Idan from Israel. 3 years ago I decided to quit my job as a financial consultant, a job I had for 12 years. I figured out that maybe I am losing something in life while I am earning money, and doing everything I was expected too. so... I decided to leave everything and to fulfill a dream of mine, to travel alone to Brazil, to see how can I handle alone in a foreign country (12,000 km from home.), the language, the costumes...

During my travelling I realized that I have a lot of spare time, and began to think about what is important for me to do in life, how can I enjoy life while making a living. I haven't found the answer yet, but I discovered that making graphics and digital art, makes me feel good. I am a photographer for a while now (still just a hobby, but quite a serious one), and I found that I love to take some pictures and change it to a pop art, to extract some more emotion, or to tell the story from another angle.

So... I want to share my art with you guys, and maybe to tell the story behind it. I guess I will share some of my travels' stories, my thoughts, feelings etc.

So... lets begin.

This picture was my first pop art work ever.

The girl in that picture, has a sad yet dreamy look, and I decided to keep it more intense. I wanted to simplify the picture, so I kept only the necessary basic lines, and made it B&W style. To intensify the contrast, I painted the hair, lips and eyes with a fluorescent colors, that will pop up immediately at first glance. Now you can feel and see even more the clash between the black to the color, between the sadness to the vividness.

To be honest this girl evoked the same feelings in me at that time.... I was so happy and yet so sad with her...
Laughing and crying at the same time ...

Well... that's it I guess, for now.

Until the next time!

and btw:

If you liked this design take a look here

No comments:

Post a Comment