Saturday, March 17, 2012

Digital Art - The Sad Pit Bull

Hi There!

This time I want to show you my latest work, using line art. Line art is a fun kind of technique - if you want to transform a photo to a line art, you need to figure which lines are best defining your image, and to draw them. I won't give here a tutorial, but if you like to see one, go to melissaevans.com (the tutorial section).

As I told you in previous posts, even if you are not a professional, or don't have the best equipment, the most important thing in photography or digital art, to my opinion, is the composition. I don't consider myself as a professional in the line art field, but, I knew I could pull it off with a good composed photo.
so... I decided to make a line art picture of my dog. I have several shots of him in various situations, and I chose an emotional one. In this shot he looks very sad and sorry, you can really feel the emotion there!
take a look :

I pointed all the important lines, and drew them on the canvas, especially I tried to seize the emotion of the original photo - The secret is in the eyes, and the eyebrows. If you can deliver the emotion, you have done 80 percent of the work.
Take a look at the line art :

:

It was pretty good, with some basic lines I could deliver the emotion and the original photo's essence. I thought to myself, how can I improve it? should I paint the picture? I never done that - painting a line art, and I was curious how it's going to turn out.
Take a look :


I was really amazed, it was pretty easy, and now the dog looks more alive, the picture is much more vibrant and appealing! I was so happy that I decided to make some more line arts of this beautiful Pit Bull, and I'm going to publish them in future posts.

Hope you enjoyed the art!

If you like to see or purchase my art you are welcome to visit me on my online store or to check out my portfolio on "The Untapped Source" art gallery.


Have a wonderful day :)

4 comments: