Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Old Love

Hi there!

It's been a while since I posted my last post, I think it was over a month. Well... I've been really busy creating dog portraits for my new customers, and improving my site DigitalDogPortraits.com. It's not easy to create a website (without any experience), do my art and to market the whole thing, but it is really rewarding (at least mentally).

I just had to take a break from all this project for a few hours, so I took my camera and went to visit my brother who lives in the big city - Tel Aviv. There is a beautiful boulevard next to his place, so I decided to relax a little, to have a beer and to sit there on a wooden bench. All the people were walking calmly on this beautiful Saturday afternoon, so I just sat there and watched them. Many of them were young people, funny dressed, some young couples with their baby, hipsters, homeless and more. A lot of "Kodak moments" just by sitting there doing nothing. I decided to use my 50mm Canon lens, and to use only black&white filter. I wanted the shots to be more mysterious and nostalgic.

Suddenly I saw an old couple, they were walking towards me, holding hands, looking happy. I was a little embarrassed to point the camera in front of their faces, they were walking too fast... as they passed me I was thinking - I can't miss that! I must take their photo, it is TOO good! So I stood behind them, made a quick composition in my head and took the photo. It was really romantic and sweet, and it was like being in a time tunnel. Take a look at the photo :

Old Love
After I took the shot, I was reflecting on my life. Thinking about my recent lost love, envying the old couple for having each other, enjoying each other companion after all those years... This picture provoked all those thoughts and feeling... I knew I had gold in my hands :) and I wanted to share it with you!


Well, I hope you enjoyed the photo, until the next time... Have a great day!

P.S. You can purchase a poster of  "Old Love" on my online store.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment