Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Photography - Copacabana's curve

It was a cloudy day in Rio de Janeiro, a pretty good weather if we consider the last 4 days of a non-stop rain. yet it is normal climate for march there. I woke up in the hostel, last night we had a party here, and I was pretty darn tired. After two months there, it wasn't so exciting for me. Some people have complained that they lost their cameras or their wallets, other were sure that there was a thief in the house. I wasn't worried, I've locked my things in the locker since the first day here, but yet I had to check the locker...

Those bastards! they broke it!

My computer, passport, credit cards, and travel checks.....  They still were there... but wait a minute! something is missing... Damn! it was the rent for the last month, they took it all! and I have to check out tomorrow.

All of that happened before breakfast.

I just sat there, dazed and confused... thinking what to do now, there is no way I could get the money in one day.

Barbara walked towards me, she was happy, it was her last day in Rio and it was the first day she could actually go to the beach. "Why the long face?", she asked me, holding the beach towel. I told her, she could see that I was pretty upset. "Never mind the beach", she said, "lets go directly to the police station and report". I tried to tell her "No, you should go to the beach, it's your last day here", but actually I really needed some company, especially hers. It was funny, I only met her 5 days ago, but I started to feel something.

We went to the tourist's police, and I reported, obviously nothing will happen, I thought to myself, but nevertheless it felt right.

It started to rain, but I felt pretty relieved and happy to have Barbara next to me, I only had like 10$ in my pocket, and it was all my money, But I couldn't care less.

The rest of the day was so good, so funny, and I almost forgot the incident I had that morning, I just lived the moment. She was an architect, she new almost every building in the city. In some point she asked me if I'd like to see the Copacabana beach from the best point of view in town. I said of course.

A few minutes later, we were on the roof of one of the most luxurious hotels in Rio (she knew how to charm the staff members too).

It was raining again, the weather was cold, I was robbed, but I was so happy!

Here is the view I saw from the hotel.




You can imagine that I have special sentiments for that photo ;)

(When I processed the picture, I tried to show the colors of the Brazilian flag. You can really see the yellow, white, blue and green).

Thanks again for visiting my blog, have a great day!



Btw : If you liked the picture you can find it as poster at IBadishi digital art zazzle store.

No comments:

Post a Comment