Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pop Art - Retro Style Hi Top Converse All Star

Hi there,

Maybe some of you have noticed that I'm very fond of 70s-80s retro style items. It reminds me my childhood and more innocent times. This time I wanted to make a tribute to the all time retro style sneaker - the classic navy (blue) hi top Converse All Star (Chuck Taylor). Though this shoe is almost 100 years old, it always reminds me the 80s, it was extremely popular in that decade.

I decided to make a Vector Art image of the sneaker, and to use an orange background to enhance the retro feel. The image is semi realistic.



I Just love this sneaker and wanted to show my appreciation :)

Because it's such a popular-culture icon, it deserves its own Pop Art portrait! Like any other famous personality, heck it is more popular than Marilyn Monroe (I assume :)).

So I honored the sneaker with this:





Yeah... I really like those shoes :)

Purchase this Tshirt or other products with this design 


You can purchase this All Star illustration, on Tshirts, phone cases, and on other cool products - at RedBubble

Thanks for passing by!

Check out more of my designs on my online store, or visit my Facebook page and enjoy the various art styles and galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment