Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Photography and vector art - a self portrait

Hi there!

I must tell you, I've never thought that I would mess around with digital art or something similar. but I could guess I would like to be a photographer. Every photographer will say, that he finds the beauty in every corner, and that he would like to show us the world through his eyes. Yeah I know, I would say the same thing, and it is boring...
even though I really think it's true.

But today I wanna show you a self portrait, that was existed in my head since I opened my eyes, the other day.
I woke up on that day, a kind of grumpy, frustrated and angry. Didn't have a job, broke up with my girl friend back then, and basically hated the world. I went to the gym, and in my mind I saw myself in a portrait, staring in an angry look, wearing a hood. that image didn't get out of my head, I tried to shake it, to feel happier, but it didn't work out. So I decided, that it will my daily project, I will shoot a self portrait that will be exactly like I imagined, and then maybe I will get rid of that bad mood.

I came back home, posed my camera on some books and magazine (no tripod back than). and took hundreds of pictures until i got the one i wanted. it was perfect for me!  I felt relieved !

here is a peek of the session - 6 pics out of hundred.



And here is the final result (after a tuning....:))


After that final result, I was satisfied and all my bad mood went away.


A year after, I went back to that pic, and decided to transform it to a vector art, it kind of reminded me a character from a violent video game.

and that was the result.


If I may say,  I love both of the pictures equally - and please don't call me narcissist  ;)

well that's all for today , see you in the next post!


and btw:

 If you liked this image you can find it here as a t-shirt or as an iphone/ipad cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment