Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Cat (Old Children Book Style)

Many years ago I got the classic Alice in Wonderland as a birthday gift. The book as you know is magnificent, but the illustrations are marvelous too, they immediately captured my eyes. In a matter of fact many illustrations of those old children books have a magical and mysterious feel.



Those images waited in the back of my mind for many years... Until now.

Two weeks ago I took some photos at the local dog shelter, one of the photos (of a cat) wasn't so good, but the composition and the shadows have triggered my imagination. Take a look at the picture:



I started to sketch using graphite, and those old children books images took over the paper. I really liked the final result: 


I definitely going to sketch some more images using this magical style.  


No comments:

Post a Comment