Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Sketch of Lisa the Unfortunate Pit Bull

Few days ago I first heard about Lisa, a beautiful and sensitive Pit Bull, who was adopted by a cold-hearted family. Today we know that this family is a series Put Bull adopter. I guess they look like a decent and caring folks, but after the adoption is complete, suddenly the dogs disappear - some of them "die" or "being lost" but the truth is, that they sell the Pit Bulls to some criminals who arrange dog fights. It makes me mad, especially when good and loving dogs are being treated, and raised like ruthless killers, without compassion and love. I personally know some super sweet and people loving Pit Bulls, and just the thought of them being in situation like that gives me the creeps.

My thought was this -  by sketching a portrait of Lisa, the issue will get more personal and maybe will touch some hearts and will make a little difference.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, as a dog lover no mater what breed, I am deeply upset about this. With the Eagle's quarterback Vic's arrest and conviction for dog fighting I would have hoped it would change things for this unfortunate breed. Sad story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure... I still can't understand how can someone abuse such an innocent and loyal creature. I don't call those people humans - I call them 'life forms'

      Delete