Monday, October 28, 2013

Old and Blue

A few months ago I've stumbled upon an old book of a famous Israeli photographer, Rudi Weissenstein. He was capturing the Holly Land since the 30's or so... his work was mainly capturing landscapes and the ambiance of the early days in the new country. I really like those old photographs, imagining how was to live back then...
Everything looks more mysterious and magical in black and white, but clearly those people had the same emotions and everyday conflicts like all of us.

I was looking at one of Rudi's favorite portraits of an old man praying, and I thought that he actually looks tired and sad - he was old and blue.

Using watercolor and graphite I started to paint my own version, coloring it with the color of sadness - blue.

Take a look at the final result



Can you feel the emotion? Do you feel sometimes old and blue yourself?

On another note..
Lately I've created many new pieces that I haven't published yet... but I promise to publish them soon - so stay tuned :)

Hope you enjoyed this post, have a great day!

BTW : If you like this piece, you can purchase it on my Online Shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment