Monday, September 30, 2013

Smiling Indian Girl - Watercolor Pencils on Paper

Hi there!

Lately I'm experimenting more and more with watercolor pencils, it's very portable and easy to use. The downside however (to my opinion) is the texture and the way it dries on the paper, it is not as smooth as regular watercolor, and the pencils don't blend so good (again to my opinion).

Anyway I decided to paint/draw another portrait, this time of an Indian girl. I wanted to use bold colors and to emphasis her smile. I used brush 4 on this painting and it was pretty ok, but not perfect. Luckily this week I'm going to get some watercolor supply including brushes, papers and colors from a relative who is a painter :)

Here is the portrait, hope you'll like it :)


Next time I'll use the new equipment I really want to see the difference - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment