Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bananas - Colored Sketch

Hi there!

Using various graphic software and digital brushes is fun, but sometimes there's something about a good old, down to earth art, with some old school equipment like pencil and paper. Oh... and a live model (in this case my model was a banana ;)). It is very refreshing just to sit down and start drawing quickly, without any preparations or interruptions (when I'm using graphic software, sometimes it takes forever just to start painting). All I wanted to draw was a rough sketch of this glorious fruit, and to make it as interesting as I can. After I've finished the drawing, I thought that it would be a good idea to paint the bananas with vibrant color, just to stand out. I really like the result. It looks rough yet compelling.

Take a look :
If you'd like to purchase a poster or a canvas of this piece - you can find it here

While looking for a suitable quote for this sketch (like I always do), I've found those 3 funny quotations:
"Times flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" - Groucho Marx
"Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana" - Bill Gates
"I'm getting so old, I don't even buy green bananas anymore" - Chi Chi Rodriguez

And last but not least :) a cute Brazilian song by Jorge Ben - "O Vendedor de Bananas" - The Banana Seller


Have a lovely Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment