Thursday, December 29, 2011

Photography - Happy New Year's Blues





"It’s almost New Year, snow‘s still fallin’ down/
Yes, it’s almost New Year, the snow ‘s still fallin’ down/
And my baby ain’t here to hold me/
I’m the loneliest man in town." Lonnie Johnson - New Year's Blues


Well.. as you probably guessed, this post will be dedicated to the new year's blues. 
I guess I am not the only one having the blues this year, and therefore this post was created for all of you who have the new year's (x-mas' or birthday's) blues.


You know the drill - last year everything was perfect... You had the woman/man of your dreams, maybe you had money or a good job, you had the feeling that this is just the beginning and life is going to be even better! But, in few months everything was gone.

"Now the stage is bare, and I am standing there, with emptiness all around." 
Elvis Presley, Are You Lonesome Tonight.

Here are some photos who make the loneliness and the blues look pretty.


A Lonely Streetlight


This streetlight, actually been captured in the morning...
It is a classic 40's or so design, and I decided to give the picture a film noir touch. A darkness and a spotlight were added in order to make the streetlight stand alone with all his glory. We can feel the coldness and the darkness of the night, as well the loneliness. But... the minimalism and the clean lines, make us admire the object.



A Dry Tree



I was wandering around a field, when I found this dry tree.
It was standing all alone, with its yellow leaves. It was kind of sad to see the tree out there without any flower or a bird around it. Everything around was dead and dry, except the sky. I took the picture with a wide angle lens, my intention was to capture the gloomy brown and yellow tree with the perfect blue sky.
The contrast between them, makes the picture more interesting and optimistic.



Mr. Blue


The man is standing in front of the sea. Reflecting, thinking about his life. He doesn't look very happy, he is Mr. Blue. 
The blue tones, the texture of the water and the wood rail, give the photo a lyrical quality. It is indeed a melancholic scene, but a beautiful one.




Even though this post was a little blue, I wish you a very happy new year, may 2012 will make all your wishes come true!





No comments:

Post a Comment